Tahini Bread, shown with Tahini and Sesame Seeds If you’ve ever had the pleasure of sampling a piece of halvah, that sweet, dense and crumbly sesame seed-based confection, then you’ll understand why I’ve been enamored of sesame flavor since childhood. Sesame seeds and bread are a classic combination. Whether sprinkled on top of a loaf, […]
Monthly Archive for July, 2010
- "Acorns were good till bread was found."- Francis Bacon, English philosopher, statesman (1561-1626)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- SteveB: Not nearly as rich as brioche, Peter, but just as flavorful....
- Peter Knox: C'est un genre de brioche presque? Very nice Steve! Should ...
- Nina: Thank you so much for the reply! I wasn't sure about it.
- SteveB: Nina, The quantity is, indeed, 1/8 tsp.
- Nina: I notice in the polish the yeast is 1 tsp, and in the rest o...
- SteveB: Hi Nils, Thank you for the information.