Baguettes à la Bouabsa When I first started learning how to bake bread a few years ago, my goal then, as it is to this day, was to be able to bake breads with superior flavor, texture and aesthetics. Most of the bread books I’d read at the time, as well as most of the [...]
Monthly Archive for November, 2010
- "Acorns were good till bread was found."- Francis Bacon, English philosopher, statesman (1561-1626)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- LuceFLY: Tried out this recipe yesterday. Turn out beautiful. Tx Stev...
- Augusto: EstevB Hi, I'm from Brazil I loved your ciabatta could do on...
- SteveB: Buenos dias Marisa, Un saludo desde Boston!
- Marisa saez: Buenos dias Steveb, he llegado hasta aquí a través de un l...
- p: Awesome. Thank you so much for the advice and your prompt re...
- SteveB: p, The shine of a loaf's crust, assuming no egg or cornst...