Ciabatta Made Using New Tandem Technique In the previous post (More Musings on Mixing… ), I described a newly devised ‘double flour addition’ dough mixing technique which will allow a home baker, using a conventional tabletop stand mixer, to produce a well developed, nicely aerated dough nearly identical to those produced by professional bakers using commercial […]
Monthly Archive for February, 2009
- "Honest bread is very well—it's the butter that makes the temptation."- Douglas Jerrold, English playwright and critic (1803-1857)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- Neal: Thanks for getting back to me. Will definitely give it a try...
- SteveB: Hi Neal, Although Italian Tipo 00 flour describes the fin...
- Neal: I tried the recipe, and followed it to the letter. The crust...
- Neal: Hi Steve, Discovered your blog a couple of months ago, an...
- SteveB: Candice, In order to view the videos, you must have Quick...
- Candice: Thanks for getting back. Hahahaa...I have no idea which v...