Ciabatta Made Using New Tandem Technique In the previous post (More Musings on Mixing… ), I described a newly devised ‘double flour addition’ dough mixing technique which will allow a home baker, using a conventional tabletop stand mixer, to produce a well developed, nicely aerated dough nearly identical to those produced by professional bakers using commercial […]
Monthly Archive for February, 2009
- "Bread deals with living things, with giving life, with growth, with the seed, the grain that nurtures. It's not coincidence that we say bread is the staff of life."- Lionel Poilâne, French baker (1945-2002)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- SteveB: Hi Pietro, To get my baking stone hotter than my oven's m...
- Pietro: HI, Steve can you please explain on baking the pizza. You st...
- The old chef: Hello from Denmark. Here we call it saour bread and it's us...
- SteveB: Nancy, If one desired to produce a shiny crust, I suppose...
- Nancy: Steve, What a great loaf this produces! This was my firs...
- SteveB: Hi Kevin, A 100% hydration starter results from a feeding...