Ciabatta Made Using New Tandem Technique In the previous post (More Musings on Mixing… ), I described a newly devised ‘double flour addition’ dough mixing technique which will allow a home baker, using a conventional tabletop stand mixer, to produce a well developed, nicely aerated dough nearly identical to those produced by professional bakers using commercial […]
Monthly Archive for February, 2009
- "Bread and water—these are the things nature requires. For such things no man is too poor, and whosoever can limit his desire to them alone can rival Jupiter for happiness."- Seneca, Roman playwright and philosopher (c 4 BC-65 AD)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- SteveB: Arty Z, I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe. It's nice to he...
- SteveB: Bonjour Judith, Thank you for your compliments. The or...
- Arty Z: Way to go Steave,my first caraway loaf of rye bread show up ...
- judith: Bonjour, votre pain à l'air délicieux !! J'adore le pain a...
- SteveB: Hi Janet, I'm glad you're enjoying baking (and hopefully ea...
- Janet: Hi Steve, Somehow I found your site, a bit late in the game...