Pain Normand For those of you who are regular readers of this blog, you may have surmised that I am not a real big fan of heavily flavored breads. To me, the essence of bread baking is finding new ways to coax out the natural flavor of the wheat or whatever grain is being used. Save the ‘blend-ins’ for […]
Tag Archive 'apples'
- “A loaf of bread,” the Walrus said, “is what we chiefly need: Pepper and vinegar besides are very good indeed.”- From “The Walrus and the Carpenter” by Lewis Carroll, English writer and mathematician (1832-1898)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- SteveB: Candice, In order to view the videos, you must have Quick...
- Candice: Thanks for getting back. Hahahaa...I have no idea which v...
- SteveB: Hi Candice, I'm not sure of the video to which you are re...
- Candice: Also quick question. I have a bread machine. Can I use i...
- Candice: Hi Thanks for sharing. I read thru comments here before I ...
- SteveB: Hi anniek, By all means, feel free to try adding chopped ...