A Toasted Bialy with Butter and Smoked Salmon – Perfect for Breakfast or Brunch If there was one bread that could legitimately lay claim to being the bagel’s ‘heir apparent’, it would have to be the bialy. A lesser-known cousin to the bagel, the bialy is named after Bialystok, the city in Poland from which it originates. Like the bagel, […]
Tag Archive 'bialy'
- "Bread, milk and butter are of venerable antiquity. They taste of the morning of the world."- From “The Seer” by Leigh Hunt, English essayist and poet (1784-1859)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- keith kleespies: Just discovered Breadcetera by accident. I follow no blogs,...
- Amy: Hello! I have a Peter Reinhart starter(75% hydration) accord...
- David: Steve, They came out good. I used KA AP since it matc...
- SteveB: Hi David, I suspect that the effect of the delayed salt a...
- David: I am trying this recipe for the first time today. I made one...
- Isabel: This really was the peecrft french toast! I made a whole lo...