A Toasted Bialy with Butter and Smoked Salmon – Perfect for Breakfast or Brunch If there was one bread that could legitimately lay claim to being the bagel’s ‘heir apparent’, it would have to be the bialy. A lesser-known cousin to the bagel, the bialy is named after Bialystok, the city in Poland from which it originates. Like the bagel, […]
Tag Archive 'bialy'
- "Honest bread is very well—it's the butter that makes the temptation."- Douglas Jerrold, English playwright and critic (1803-1857)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- SteveB: Hi Nils, Thank you for the information.
- expatv: @Nils There is lot of caraway on rye bread in Southern Ge...
- SteveB: Hi annie k, Changing the whole wheat flour to bread flour...
- annie k: Hi Steve, I love the recipe and I'm finally figuring out ho...
- SteveB: Hi Stephanie, After the water is added to the grains to m...
- Lee: Hello Steve, I am doing this now, I am at the autolyse pa...