Pain de Beaucaire I’ve always been fascinated by how the different regions of France have managed to maintain their unique cultural identities. These regional identities can be evident even in the type and shape of the local bread. For example, in Auvergne, bread is often baked in the Auvergnat form, a shape that is evocative of a type of hat worn by residents of the region. In Beaucaire, bread is traditionally shaped […]
Tag Archive 'flour/water slurry'
- "Bread is the king of the table and all else is merely the court that surrounds the king. The countries are the soup, the meat, the vegetables, the salad, but bread is king."- Louis Bromfield, American novelist (1896-1956)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- SteveB: Hi Susan, Yes, the same procedure should work fine for ba...
- Susan: Great information about steaming loaves! The HearthKits are...
- SteveB: Hola Nancy, If I understand your question correctly (unfo...
- nancy: hola steveb quisiera saber donde se consigue la steam baker ...
- SteveB: Hi Carol, My hints on achieving a thick, crispy crust and...
- Roger: I've just made this and it's absolutely delicious. Thanks fo...