Rosemary Focaccia There’s something about focaccia that I can’t quite put my finger on. People who would normally just pass around the breadbasket at the dinner table without partaking, lunge hungrily at pieces of focaccia when included as part of the breadbasket fare. Perhaps it’s the delicious unctuousness of the surface craters filled with fragrant rosemary oil. Or maybe […]
Tag Archive 'focaccia'
- "Bread, milk and butter are of venerable antiquity. They taste of the morning of the world."- From “The Seer” by Leigh Hunt, English essayist and poet (1784-1859)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- Candice: Also quick question. I have a bread machine. Can I use i...
- Candice: Hi Thanks for sharing. I read thru comments here before I ...
- SteveB: Hi anniek, By all means, feel free to try adding chopped ...
- anniek: Hi Steve, Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'm a novice bake...
- SteveB: Gabriel, An extended time at lower temperatures allows th...
- Gabriel: Dear Steve. Can you tell us what are the effects at the ba...