Rosemary Focaccia There’s something about focaccia that I can’t quite put my finger on. People who would normally just pass around the breadbasket at the dinner table without partaking, lunge hungrily at pieces of focaccia when included as part of the breadbasket fare. Perhaps it’s the delicious unctuousness of the surface craters filled with fragrant rosemary oil. Or maybe […]
Tag Archive 'focaccia'
- "Bread and water—these are the things nature requires. For such things no man is too poor, and whosoever can limit his desire to them alone can rival Jupiter for happiness."- Seneca, Roman playwright and philosopher (c 4 BC-65 AD)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- SteveB: Kevin, A starter can be 'converted' simply by changing wh...
- Kevin: My first Sourdough breads were Dmsnyder's San Joaquin Sourdo...
- SteveB: Nadia, My preference would be to use flour that already h...
- nadia: Hi Steve, thank you for the clarification. I will, however,...
- Kevin: Thank you! And fyi, it's smelling nicely yeasty now. looking...
- SteveB: Hi Nadia, The terms 'bread flour' or 'all-purpose flour' ...