TARRP Bread Sometimes, a wonderful creation can be stuck with a terribly unfortunate acronym. When first published in the May 2005 issue of Modern Baking, Steve Barnhart of Bennison’s Bakery in Evanston, IL chose to call his richly-flavored bread, laden with tomatoes, Asiago cheese, roasted garlic, rosemary and Parmesan cheese, “TARRP” bread. Little did he know that only 3 years […]
Tag Archive 'garlic'
- "Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; and good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts."- James Beard, American chef (1903-1985)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- neal: Steve, Is there a way to post pictures on my (our) attemp...
- Jeff: I wish the new posts were on top, it took me an hour to scro...
- Jeff: Hi, with an impending blizzard, I am trying your levain reci...
- SteveB: Neal, I'm glad to hear that the formula and process worke...
- Neal: Steve, Made your double flour/double hydration ciabatta l...
- Candice: Thanks so much Steve