Gougères I think it was in a Szechuan Chinese restaurant where the list first began. After a bite of a particularly spicy serving of mapo doufu (spicy bean curd), I grabbed my glass of water, downed about half of its contents and, after reducing the fire on my tongue to a mere smolder, turned to my wife and […]
Tag Archive 'gruyère'
- "Bread is like dresses, hats and shoes—in other words, essential!"- Emily Post, etiquette maven, newspaper columnist (1872-1960)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- The old chef: Hello from Denmark. Here we call it saour bread and it's us...
- SteveB: Nancy, If one desired to produce a shiny crust, I suppose...
- Nancy: Steve, What a great loaf this produces! This was my firs...
- SteveB: Hi Kevin, A 100% hydration starter results from a feeding...
- Kevin: To expand, would the feeding ratio be 1 starter: 2 water:...
- Kevin: Hello! How would I make this 100% hydration? I'm a little...