Gougères I think it was in a Szechuan Chinese restaurant where the list first began. After a bite of a particularly spicy serving of mapo doufu (spicy bean curd), I grabbed my glass of water, downed about half of its contents and, after reducing the fire on my tongue to a mere smolder, turned to my wife and […]
Tag Archive 'gruyère'
- "There are people in the world so hungry that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread."
- Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- keith kleespies: Just discovered Breadcetera by accident. I follow no blogs,...
- Amy: Hello! I have a Peter Reinhart starter(75% hydration) accord...
- David: Steve, They came out good. I used KA AP since it matc...
- SteveB: Hi David, I suspect that the effect of the delayed salt a...
- David: I am trying this recipe for the first time today. I made one...
- Isabel: This really was the peecrft french toast! I made a whole lo...