Le Petit Déjeuner If I had to choose a single pastry that is the embodiment of all that is French viennoiserie, it would have to be the croissant. In the U.S., croissants have been steadily increasing in popularity, particularly as the basis for a wide variety of breakfast sandwiches. When properly baked, the croissant has a crisp, flakey exterior with a light, […]
Tag Archive 'pain au chocolat'
- "If thou tastest a crust of bread, thou tastest all the stars and all the heavens."- Robert Browning, English poet, (1812-1889)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- Aida Germinaro: It's amazing in support of me to have a web site, whicdh i...
- urlxs.net: Nice blog here! Also your website loads up fast! What web ho...
- SteveB: Kevin, A starter can be 'converted' simply by changing wh...
- Kevin: My first Sourdough breads were Dmsnyder's San Joaquin Sourdo...
- SteveB: Nadia, My preference would be to use flour that already h...
- nadia: Hi Steve, thank you for the clarification. I will, however,...