Pain de Campagne Pain de campagne, or “country bread”, is bread baked in the style of the rustic loaves found throughout the French countryside. There really is no one correct way to bake a pain de campagne loaf; the formulae are as varied as the traditional ways of shaping the loaves. Pain de campagne can be made […]
Tag Archive 'pâte fermentée'
- "Bread is the king of the table and all else is merely the court that surrounds the king. The countries are the soup, the meat, the vegetables, the salad, but bread is king."- Louis Bromfield, American novelist (1896-1956)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- SteveB: Not nearly as rich as brioche, Peter, but just as flavorful....
- Peter Knox: C'est un genre de brioche presque? Very nice Steve! Should ...
- Nina: Thank you so much for the reply! I wasn't sure about it.
- SteveB: Nina, The quantity is, indeed, 1/8 tsp.
- Nina: I notice in the polish the yeast is 1 tsp, and in the rest o...
- SteveB: Hi Nils, Thank you for the information.