Cherry Pecan Bread While trying to decide upon a bread to bake for the Thanksgiving Day table, I remembered a wonderful cranberry pecan bread that I had the pleasure of sampling some months ago. The bread was a creation of a good friend of mine, James McNamara, the talented head baker at Wave Hill Breads in Wilton, Connecticut. Cranberries, [...]
Tag Archive 'pecan'
- "Bread and water—these are the things nature requires. For such things no man is too poor, and whosoever can limit his desire to them alone can rival Jupiter for happiness."- Seneca, Roman playwright and philosopher (c 4 BC-65 AD)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- LuceFLY: Tried out this recipe yesterday. Turn out beautiful. Tx Stev...
- Augusto: EstevB Hi, I'm from Brazil I loved your ciabatta could do on...
- SteveB: Buenos dias Marisa, Un saludo desde Boston!
- Marisa saez: Buenos dias Steveb, he llegado hasta aquí a través de un l...
- p: Awesome. Thank you so much for the advice and your prompt re...
- SteveB: p, The shine of a loaf's crust, assuming no egg or cornst...