Cinnamon Raisin Bread If I had to choose one bread whose aroma while baking consistently makes my mouth water, it would have to be cinnamon raisin bread. Unlike baguettes or pan de campagne, which are made from lean doughs (i.e., doughs with little or no fat), cinnamon raisin bread is made from a rich dough. […]
Tag Archive 'raisin'
- "Good bread is the most fundamentally satisfying of all foods; and good bread with fresh butter, the greatest of feasts."- James Beard, American chef (1903-1985)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- SteveB: Nadia, My preference would be to use flour that already h...
- nadia: Hi Steve, thank you for the clarification. I will, however,...
- Kevin: Thank you! And fyi, it's smelling nicely yeasty now. looking...
- SteveB: Hi Nadia, The terms 'bread flour' or 'all-purpose flour' ...
- SteveB: Kevin, When starter is stored in the refrigerator, its ac...
- nadia: Hi Steve, I'm new to sourdough breads and would like to to t...