Corn Bread Lately, I’ve been so fascinated by various regional French breads that I’ve all but forgotten that North America has its own traditional breads. A case in point is corn bread. To many people, the term ‘corn bread’ conjures up visions of the dense, sometimes sweet, chemically leavened quick bread that is a staple of many a Thanksgiving Day table. […]
Tag Archive 'corn'
- "Acorns were good till bread was found."- Francis Bacon, English philosopher, statesman (1561-1626)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- fresh skin treatments: Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate y...
- www.facebook.com/GalaxyLifeHackCheats: Pretty! This was a really wonderful post. Many thanks for...
- SteveB: Nadia, My preference would be to use flour that already h...
- nadia: Hi Steve, thank you for the clarification. I will, however,...
- Kevin: Thank you! And fyi, it's smelling nicely yeasty now. looking...
- SteveB: Hi Nadia, The terms 'bread flour' or 'all-purpose flour' ...