Corn Bread Lately, I’ve been so fascinated by various regional French breads that I’ve all but forgotten that North America has its own traditional breads. A case in point is corn bread. To many people, the term ‘corn bread’ conjures up visions of the dense, sometimes sweet, chemically leavened quick bread that is a staple of many a Thanksgiving Day table. […]
Tag Archive 'corn'
- "Bread, milk and butter are of venerable antiquity. They taste of the morning of the world."- From “The Seer” by Leigh Hunt, English essayist and poet (1784-1859)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- SteveB: S.S. Strippoli, I would think that the addition of a smal...
- S.S. Strippoli: Steve - late Friday - Sept 2...
- SteveB: Arty Z, I'm glad you enjoyed the recipe. It's nice to he...
- SteveB: Bonjour Judith, Thank you for your compliments. The or...
- Arty Z: Way to go Steave,my first caraway loaf of rye bread show up ...
- judith: Bonjour, votre pain à l'air délicieux !! J'adore le pain a...