Corn Bread Lately, I’ve been so fascinated by various regional French breads that I’ve all but forgotten that North America has its own traditional breads. A case in point is corn bread. To many people, the term ‘corn bread’ conjures up visions of the dense, sometimes sweet, chemically leavened quick bread that is a staple of many a Thanksgiving Day table. […]
Tag Archive 'stencil'
- "Bread is like dresses, hats and shoes—in other words, essential!"- Emily Post, etiquette maven, newspaper columnist (1872-1960)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- SteveB: Hi annie k, Changing the whole wheat flour to bread flour...
- annie k: Hi Steve, I love the recipe and I'm finally figuring out ho...
- SteveB: Hi Stephanie, After the water is added to the grains to m...
- Lee: Hello Steve, I am doing this now, I am at the autolyse pa...
- SteveB: Hi Alan B, A brief description of how I constructed my pr...
- Alan B: Hi SteveB, Just found this blog, great job. I am glad to s...