Corn Bread Lately, I’ve been so fascinated by various regional French breads that I’ve all but forgotten that North America has its own traditional breads. A case in point is corn bread. To many people, the term ‘corn bread’ conjures up visions of the dense, sometimes sweet, chemically leavened quick bread that is a staple of many a Thanksgiving Day table. […]
Tag Archive 'stencil'
- “A loaf of bread,” the Walrus said, “is what we chiefly need: Pepper and vinegar besides are very good indeed.”- From “The Walrus and the Carpenter” by Lewis Carroll, English writer and mathematician (1832-1898)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- j9CWscJV4lU: It makes no difference what lengths you will be traveling,...
- The old chef: Hello from Denmark. Here we call it saour bread and it's us...
- SteveB: Nancy, If one desired to produce a shiny crust, I suppose...
- Nancy: Steve, What a great loaf this produces! This was my firs...
- SteveB: Hi Kevin, A 100% hydration starter results from a feeding...
- Kevin: To expand, would the feeding ratio be 1 starter: 2 water:...