Corn Bread Lately, I’ve been so fascinated by various regional French breads that I’ve all but forgotten that North America has its own traditional breads. A case in point is corn bread. To many people, the term ‘corn bread’ conjures up visions of the dense, sometimes sweet, chemically leavened quick bread that is a staple of many a Thanksgiving Day table. […]
Tag Archive 'stencil'
- "There are people in the world so hungry that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread."
- Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- SteveB: Hi Elaine, It seems as if you might have left out a pound...
- George: Interestingly I have read that baguettes produced in Paris ...
- Elaine Williams: In the middle of making the baguettes with poolish, I made t...
- jodi: Hi Thank you for the great recipe! I have done this recipe...
- Hugo: Dear Steve, Thank you so much for these videos, the techn...
- SteveB: Chefscook, Any digital scale that has a capacity of about...