Corn Bread Lately, I’ve been so fascinated by various regional French breads that I’ve all but forgotten that North America has its own traditional breads. A case in point is corn bread. To many people, the term ‘corn bread’ conjures up visions of the dense, sometimes sweet, chemically leavened quick bread that is a staple of many a Thanksgiving Day table. […]
Tag Archive 'stencil'
- "We have learned to see in bread an instrument of community between men—the flavour of bread shared has no equal."- Antoine de Saint-Exupery, French pilot and poet (1900-1940)
air incorporation apples baguette batard bouton d'or bread Brioche caraway cherry ciabatta cider cinnamon cloverleaf rolls corn croissants diadème fendu flour/water slurry focaccia folding hand mixing high hydration levain pain au chocolat pain de Beaucaire pain de campagne pain Normande peanut pecan pizza poolish pâte fermentée raisin rosemary rye scoring sesame shaping sourdough sponge starter steaming stencil sticky bun Viennoiserie Introduction (1)
Lean Doughs (16)
Rich Doughs (13)
- au Levain!
- bons focs
- Bringing food chemistry to life
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- du miel et du sel
- Hefe und mehr
- King Arthur Flour
- Madrid Tiene Miga
- Occupe-toi de tes oignons
- San Francisco Baking Institute
- Sourdough Companion
- The Bread Bakers Guild of America
- The Fresh Loaf
- Votre Pain
- Wild Yeast
- Ye Olde Bread Blogge
- keith kleespies: Just discovered Breadcetera by accident. I follow no blogs,...
- Amy: Hello! I have a Peter Reinhart starter(75% hydration) accord...
- David: Steve, They came out good. I used KA AP since it matc...
- SteveB: Hi David, I suspect that the effect of the delayed salt a...
- David: I am trying this recipe for the first time today. I made one...
- Isabel: This really was the peecrft french toast! I made a whole lo...